Repack Berino Ride Jersey Review

The Repack Berino is a new merino wool & bamboo charcoal blend long sleeve ride jersey created by the new cycling company Repack. Repack designed the Berino with Mountain bikers in mind but we see absolutely no reason why roadies and commuters shouldn’t be donning it too. In fact, we have been using it out on our road bikes and it performs very well indeed.

It’s not typical to write a review on a product that we sell for obvious reasons. But the Repack Berino Ride Jersey is such a great product, and the amount of information we have on it is so vast that it was clogging up our product page. If you think we are biased (which we probably are to be honest) – bikesoup.cc and also Bike Magic have some great reviews of the Repack Berino.

As someone who mostly rides on the road, but has now also acquired a new Yeti Arc for off-road Mountain Bike action I consider this to be an exceptional “do all” jersey. It is pitched as a performance Mountain Bike jersey but the Berino fits snuggly enough to be used as a road jersy or even base layer. I’m not one for overly tight clothing so for me, the fit is perfection.

The Berino is a long sleeve ride jersey. It has a full length front zip, three rear pockets that each have the security of a zip. The Berino also features a nice high collar for extra comfort.

Repack Berino Jersey Contains Bamboo! WTF?

The Repack Berino is made up of 25% bamboo charcoal. The other 75% is Merino Wool from the sheep laden mountains of New Zealand.

We all know by now that the ever popular Merino wool is naturally excellent at providing odour resistance, incredible thermal regulation and absorbing moisture.

Adding Bamboo to the blend not only enhances those properties but brings extra value to the jersey:

  • Anti-bacterial – Naturally biocidal, bamboo charcoal safely inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungii.
  • Non static – As bamboo-charcoal nano particles are conductive, their presence in the fiber helps prevent charge buildup. Berino products will not give static shocks even in dry conditions.
  • Far Infrared Energy – Far-infrared energy penetrates beyond the skin level and is absorbed efficiently by cells below. Near-infrared is mostly absorbed at the skin level and raises the skin temperature. Far-infrared rays can penetrate up to 4 centimeters (about 1-1/2 inches), exciting the vibrational energy of molecules and resonating with cellular frequencies – as a result, FIR rays promote bioprocesses such as increased metabolism and blood circulation.
  • High Porosity – Bamboo charcoal is known to have high porosity. Various impurities or foreign matter will be absorbed over the wide surface area of the charcoal. When air passes over, if the humidity is high, the charcoal will adsorb the moisture and the air will be converted to dry air. If the air is too dry, then the charcoal will discharge its own moisture, thus adjusting the humidity in the air.

The mix of merino wool with bamboo charcoal makes for the perfect ride fabric. Naturally soft but tough, it wicks moisture away from your skin keeping you warm on cooler rides, yet highly breathable to prevent over heating. It’s anti-static and has great deodorising qualities. Its a fabric that can be washed and worn over and over again.

For us it’s a real no brainer – a jersey that can be worn across multiple disciplines, regulates your temperature nicely, keeps you smelling fresh (depending on how fresh you were to start with!), is very comfortable and costs less than most merino wool jerseys.

You can order from us with free UK shipping and a 60 day return policy from here.