The Merino Cobra Hoodie by Chrome Industries has instantly become my go-to hoodie/jacket/jumper for times when there is a slight chill in the air.
Let’s not beat around the bush, at £149 it is a considered purchase. Nobody is going to tell you it’s cheap. But it is very good value for money. Take a look at the feature list:
- Made from pure Merino wool for ultimate heat and odour regulating capabilities
- Cycling specific fit with longer torso and arms for riding comfort
- High Neck collar with 3-panel merino wool hood
- thumb loops on the sleeves for extra hand.wrist warmth and comfort
- Key pocket on the wrist (this is very cool)
- Full width pass through cargo pocket on the back for carrying just about anything
- front hand warmer pockets with zips
- Full length YKK front zip
I wear mine just about every morning at the moment. Truth be told I rarely wash it because it just doesn’t seem to collect any odour at all. It is so comfy and looks so good I find that I can wear it just about anywhere – in the office, in the pub, mooching around the house, on the bike, wherever.
For me the fit is just right and everywhere I look there seems to be another hidden pocket with zip. The zipped pocket on the sleeve is really neat because it has a stretchy loop inside that you can hook your keys onto. The loop reaches your hand on the same wrist so you can do the whole operation with one hand without dropping you keys. Nice touch.
In short, the Chrome Industries Cobra Hoodie is a very special item that is comfortable, great looking and immensely practical. To look at it you wouldn’t know it was tailored for cyclists but to use it – you really would. 10/10 for me. Sure it’s pricey but I don’t intend on wearing any other hoodie this Autumn or Winter! Grab one here