What is ThermoLite?
ThermoLite is a lightweight synthetic insulation fabric engineered from Polyester fibres. ThermoLite offers superior warmth without the bulk and is used in a variety of different products such as duvet blankets, shoes and sleeping bags, but for the most part, is used for outdoor or sporting apparel.
ThermoLite is often used as a substitute for natural insulators because of its unmatched durability and varying forms its produced in. There are five different types of ThermoLite and each has its own different features and properties that work best in certain types of circumstances.
- ThermoLite Active – Thin insulation for high-energy activity and movement
- ThermoLite Extra – Plush warmth and softness
- ThermoLite Micro – Offers warmth and water-resistance
- ThermoLite Plus – Has the most warmth and comfort when wet
- ThermoLite Extreme – Substantial warmth and durability
How Does It Work?
Like CoolMax, ThermoLite is engineered with a Polyester hollow core. ThermoLite traps warm air within the material to give you the warmth even when wet. ThermoLite is designed to ‘wick’ moisture away from your skin to the outside surface where it then evaporates or drops off. This basically means it’s a very fast drying, quick-wicking and warm fabric, and because our socks sit close against the skin…. this action is faster than a garment that is loose. ThermoLite dries 20% faster than other insulating fabrics and 50% faster than cotton.
” ‘Wick away’ is a general term used for fabrics that are engineered to draw moisture away from the skin through capillary action and increased evaporation over a wider surface area. “
- Quick Wicking (keeps your feet dry, feeling fresh, helps prevent odour, prevents the risk of Athlete’s foot and blisters)
- Dries Fast
- Freedom of movement
- Resistant to fading shrinking and wrinkling
- Light compression and support
To conclude, ThermoLite is a very lightweight, durable fabric that offers insulation, warmth, temperature control and water-resistance without the bulk. You can see why its a favourite of the sporting clothes industry and why we use it to manufacture our winter socks.
What are you waiting for?
PLUS… mix and match any 4 pairs for the price of 3! Just add any 4 pairs to the basket and we will apply the discount for you.
Browse Our ThermoLite sock collection now!
More From The Blog