Job spec: Product Manager, Full Time, Hook Hampshire //
This is a core position in Stolen Goat. The candidate will work directly with Tim (founder), and SG lead designer Trevor, and our key suppliers on an ongoing basis to improve the current offering and expand the range where there are gaps and growth opportunities.
Stolen Goat is at a vital growth stage. With a rapidly growing customer base all over the World, successful B2C and B2B channels and an engaged audience, it is key that we maintain the high quality that we have delivered so far and expand the Stolen Goat product portfolio to meet the ongoing demand.
The successful candidate will be part of an agile, friendly and enthusiastic team and ultimately help carve out the future of this exciting brand.
As a group we tend to wear multiple hats and our core focus as a team, and as individuals, is improving customer experience at all costs.
As product manager, you will take ownership of the entire product life-cycle, from conception all the way to the delivered article including how it presents to the consumer. Your duties will include:
- Reviewing the live product range and collating customer feedback to see if improvements can be made to future generations.
- Researching new products and product categories that would sit well with our audience, gathering supplier data and relevant product costings etc. Proposing new products to the team.
- Creating and maintaining a product release calendar and working with all the various parties to ensure the deadlines are met.
- Putting together product copy for new products to be used by ourselves and our retail partners.
- Working with our content manager to ensure the products are well represented on our website and social media channels.
- Considering and improving packaging with a focus on environmentally friendly solutions.
We are a small but functional team. The ethos at Stolen Goat is to chip in where required to ensure the ongoing success of the company. On occasion this may mean stepping outside of your job description but ultimately it will be dependent on your individual skill set, strengths and interests.
You should be comfortable liaising with suppliers including potentially working with tech packs, detailing features and discussing alterations.
Teamwork, and the ability to work in a small but growing team is essential.
On occasion you may need to travel to Europe.
We put customers at the heart of every decision we make, therefore you will need to be someone who has a passion for creating something that people will love for the lifetime of the product.
You will have strong communication skills, both written and spoken, and be able to express your points concisely via email in a timely manner.
You will have previous experience in a product orientated role, ideally in the cycling / triathlon or the outdoor clothing industry but we will consider experience from other industries. The main requirement is that you are a cyclist with a passion for cycling.
Your role will use typical Office software so proficiency in Word and excel etc is a must.
You will be someone who has good attention to detail.
Ideally you will have a creative side. You are not expected to design the range but rather to understand what looks good and possess the ability to put a range together and appreciate what works commercially.
Ideas and input on the design direction will be thoroughly appreciated.
The salary is negotiable based on experience. The package includes the following:
- A yearly profit related bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Access to stolen goat products
- Strava premium subscription
- Zwift subscription
- All the coffee you can (safely) consume.
Everyone in the office tends to ride / run / train 3-5 days per week during lunchtimes. We ride out together as much as possible and, when the weather is foul, we have a dedicated training / zwifting area on a separate floor of the office with multiple stations. None of this is compulsory of course but the option is there if you want it.
To apply please email us: email@example.com. Please include your CV and a covering letter describing your background and relevant experience. We’re a small team so don’t expect an instant reply but we will respond to everyone via email in some form or another.